To learn more about this webcast please visit our website:
The previous year has been a significant year for the cannabis industry as more states in the U.S. have legalized cannabis for medical and/or recreational use. However, despite the growing number of states that have legalized cannabis, it is classified as a Schedule I substance under the Controlled Substances Act and remains illegal under federal law. This unusual juxtaposition between federal and state law raises numerous complex legal issues for companies in, or supplying into, the cannabis industry.
In this Webcast, a panel of distinguished professionals and thought leaders will help businesses involved in the cannabis industry understand the important aspects of this significant topic. They will provide an in-depth discussion of significant legal and regulatory issues surrounding legalized cannabis. Speakers will also provide the audience with practical strategies to minimize legal and regulatory risks related to the industry.
Key topics include:
– Legalizing cannabis – an overview of state laws and programs
– Federal cannabis enforcement policy – what’s changed?
– Federal regulatory jurisdiction issues, including EPA regulation of pesticides used on cannabis and potential FDA enforcement regarding medical claims, edibles, and packaging
– Other recent regulatory trends and developments impacting the cannabis industry
– The rise of civil litigation for cannabis businesses
– Practical tips to help minimize litigation and enforcement risks
Explore and Gain UNLIMITED Access to the Entire Knowledge Group Library and Enjoy Over 2000+ Online Courses with LIVE & RECORDED Event Materials by clinking this link: https://www.theknowledgegroup.org/unlimited-subscription